HHS volleyball star to attend Georgia Tech

Contributed by Mira McCool
Mira McCool playing at Homewood.

HHS senior Mira McCool, a standout volleyball player has committed to Georgia Tech, a large development for both McCool and the university.

McCool, renowned for her exceptional skills and dedication to the sport has been a key player for the Homewood volleyball team.

Former assistant volleyball coach Katelyn Kistemaker coached McCool this previous volleyball season.

“She did a good job keeping herself composed,” Kistemaker said. “You could tell she knew what she was doing.”

Kistemaker said McCool was never afraid to offer advice or a helping hand and was willing to tell her teammates what they were doing wrong and how they could play better.

“She is very studious and disciplined, I think that will translate very well into Georgia Tech volleyball,” Kistemaker said.

McCool had many college options, but Georgia Tech stood out because of its exceptional engineering program and volleyball team.

“I’ve always wanted to go to a good academic school and I’ve always been interested in engineering so when they were interested in me it was the perfect fit,” she said.

She likes Georgia Tech’s volleyball program because of the support they get from the students at the university.

“It’s a cool environment because it’s small but still packed with people and very loud,” she said.

Mira McCool playing at Homewood. (Photo contributed by Mira McCool)

“All of the players are close friends, a lot of them are international so it’s cool to learn about them and their culture,” McCool said.

Another feature McCool likes about their volleyball program is how the team interacts with each other.“It’s been nice being a leader for this team, hopefully, that will translate into Georgia Tech, I’m excited,” McCool said.

$1320
$1500