The Student News Site of Homewood High School

The Homewood Tricorne

The Homewood Tricorne

The Homewood Tricorne

Band’s “hype” video to debut at Waldrop Stadium

The+hype+video+being+tested+at+Waldrop+Stadium+on+the+jumbotron.+
Ryan Murrell
The “hype” video being tested at Waldrop Stadium on the jumbotron.

At this evening’s football game against Chilton County, Waldrop Stadium’s newest addition– the jumbotron– will display the band’s “hype” video for the first time, debuting at the beginning of pregame. 

Pregame, which occurs just before the football teams run onto the field, has previously consisted of songs such as God Bless America, The Star Spangled Banner, the Homewood Alma Mater, Hoorah For Homewood (Homewood’s Fight Song) and other favorites. 

The incorporation of a “hype” video instills an even greater sense of team spirit and serves as an introduction to the nearly 400-member band, which has been featured in many national events, including The Rose Parade and Macy’s Day Parade.

Ryan Murrell, Homewood Middle School’s head band director and creator of the video, was inspired by university bands’ introduction videos.

“Having a hype video is a great way to showcase some of the great moments in the band,” said Murrell. 

The video was created in the Bailey Theatre with the help of the show choir director Byron Mosquera, theater director Jason Kennah, and Murrell. 

Drum majors, members of the band, Star Spangled Girls and Color Guard members are featured in the video, including clips from previous halftime shows and in the stands.

Lots of details were incorporated into the video such as multicolored lights and a fog machine, as well as slow motion and normal time shots, creating an epic atmosphere to introduce the band at games.

“There were a lot of moving parts to it,” said Carter Cavin, one of the band’s drum majors.

“It shows everything the Homewood Band is about,” said Maren Smith, another one of the drum majors. “We’re big, we’re loud, we’re proud and we’re ready to hype up the crowd.”

Donate to The Homewood Tricorne
$1370
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

If you are enjoying our content, please consider donating to The Homewood Tricorne! Your donation will support the student journalists of Homewood High School and will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website costs.