Homecoming honors, meanings behind them

Jadyn McNeil
Homecoming King Carter Cavin with Homcoming attendents Harper Sheils, Lauren Brown, Kayla Warren and Sadie Rowell.

Homewood High School presents many awards for student homecoming representatives, but what do these honors mean?

Livy Dunn, the SGA Executive President oversees most homecoming traditions such as the parade and the presentation of student representatives at the football game.

“Mr. and Miss Homewood is the highest honor that a member of the senior class can receive,” said Dunn 

SGA sponsor, Michele Cooley, says that Mr. and Miss Homewood are supposed to represent the ideals of the Homewood spirit.

Mr. and Miss Homecoming, Miss Aerospace and Mr. and Miss Homewood are other positions chosen by HHS staff for students’ embodiment of good character.

Another award given out is the Mr. and Miss Fire Prevention. The faculty and staff of Homewood select these students for their service and commitment to the school and community.

“Mr. and Miss Aerospace is an award given to two members of ROTC who represent service before self, integrity and excellence in all endeavors,” said Dunn.

2023 Homecoming King Carter Cavin is a student and drum major at Homewood High School known for his involvement and compassion towards students and staff at HHS.

“It’s a big honor,” said Cavin.

“Personable, compassionate, kind– all the things,” said Cavin.

These students need qualities like being a good leader, respected and trustworthy.

$1370
$1500