Students prepare for exam week

Jackson Gardner
Textbooks located in the library.

With summer just around the corner that means that exams are coming up. This week is without a doubt one of the most stressful weeks of the academic school year.

Students often have multiple tests to study for in such a short period of time.

HHS Sophomore and Junior counselor, Elaine Meeks, is aware of this stressor.

“There is a lot to do in a short period of time,” Meeks said. “Everyone, not just students, teachers included, want to end on a high note.”

Meeks believes that budgeting your time is a big part of success during exam week.

“Finding pockets of time to study for each subject is important,” Meeks said. “It isn’t good to cram studying last minute.”

Current HHS Junior, Hutton Spears, says that he uses the study period during school to get a lot of studying done.

“I like to take most of my class time to prepare,” Spears said. “I can also ask my teachers for help if I need it.”

This sets him up for success.

“Practicing this method gives me a good memory before exam time,” Spears said. “It’s a good feeling.”

Meeks also finds that students focusing on their mental health during this week is beneficial, and believes that taking time off from studying to focus on mental health is very helpful.

“Students need time to take a brain break,” Meeks said. “That can be going on a walk, sleeping, listening to music, etc. It’s nice to have a good balance.”

The exam schedule is:

6th and 7th periods on Monday, May 20th.

4th and 5th periods on Tuesday, May 21st.

2nd and 3rd periods on Wednesday, May 22nd.

1st period on Thursday, May 23rd.

$1370
$1500